Try, try again. Or so the saying goes. And that is how the crochet unicorn project has ended up.
As you know, I’m not a great crocheter, and my knowledge is limited, so it has taken more than a few goes to get it right.
Here is attempt number one:
As you can see from the number of pieces I had made (pretty much all of the white one and the start of a pink one) I thought I’d got this cracked. Later investigation led me to discover that the stitch used here was, in fact, not single crochet, but slip stitch. Hence the dense fabric, my aching fingers and the odd shapes.
So, I did some googling and thought I’d cracked the stitch, and “version 2” came out a little like this:
I don’t even know which part of this is which anymore, all I do know is that this is what single crochet looks like if you only go through one leg of the stitch and not both.
So, having identified this error I have now turned in to a turbo unicorn crocheting nutter as I try and get the second one finished by the deadline (the post tomorrow). But, for now, here is a picture of my first unicorn, which not only uses ACTUAL single crochet, but kind of looks like a unicorn too!! 🙂